The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

'Lost in space'

Squeezing out those last few tenths
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

'Lost in space'

Post by wixwacing »

It is inevitable that one of your favourite models will sooner or later loose an essential part! Headlamp, petrol filler cap, exhaust or suspension part. But what can be done to minimise this dreadful occurrence!?

Well,

One solution is to mould the missing part using it's twin if there is one, with some modelling clay and clear epoxy. A liquid chrome paint job on the silver bits will get them matching again.

A reminder that modern slot cars have lots of bits that are waiting to drop off. Some of the heat welds on the back of parts have been over enthusiastically applied and the result is loss of appendages! If you have a car you love to race and are concerned about knocking bits off, with the exception of mirrors and antenna, it's worth putting a good spot of super glue or clear epoxy on the back of these items to help them stay on. It may even reduce rattles!

Note, Don't use superglue on clear parts like headlamps as it will make them go cloudy.

The only other tip is to empty the vacuum bag and thoroughly vac the race room and track, then inspect the contents of the bag. You'll be surprised what turns up!!<center>

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!