The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

A new home for Red Racer

Local tracks and articles
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

A new home for Red Racer

Post by wixwacing »

Lucas and the boys are now settled in to their new home in Wighton Street (off Oxley Ave.) Margate on the Redcliffe Peninsula, and are ready for business. Lucas has taken along the Red Racer six lane Carrera circuit for club and local race nights, but in addition there is a new four lane track ly built by local master track builder Garry Johnson. This was acquired from a private sale and the track now looks quite splendid in the top corner of the premises. The drag strip has been reassembled and I believe it has been lengthened now there is plenty of space. Other plans afoot include reinstalling the Carrera digital track. For those who like speed, this years Australian Plafit Championship circuit has been purchased by locals and has a temporary home in one end of the shop. As well as the tracks, Lucas continues to cater for the home racer through to the more serious racers and has the time and knowledge to help you get the best from your hobby no matter what aspect.

Contact details

Lucas
Red Racer Hobbies
11/300 Oxley Ave (in Wighton Street)
Margate 4019

Tue - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat - Sun: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
(07) 3284 4888

Red Racer on facebook

http://www.redracer.com.au/

sales@redracer.com.au

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: A new home for Red Racer

Post by wixwacing »

There is a new addition to Red Racer in the shape of an eight lane mega track. ly shipped to Australia from Japan for this years Australian Plafit championships (a trip the track has done several times before), some keen locals put in a bid for the track and it now resides in Red Racer's shop at Margate, Brisbane. The track is a glossy surfaced board track with non magnetic copper braid. Race management is via the Gary Johnson race system. Ideally suited to 1/24th scale it will also run 1/32 models quite comfortably, although they do get lost in the immensity of the track.

If you are looking for a chance to run some slot hardware on it, give Lucas a call on the number above .

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!