The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Solving the Ninco curse!

Squeezing out those last few tenths
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Solving the Ninco curse!

Post by wixwacing »

Hands up if like me you are sick and tired of going the cabinet and picking out a Ninco favourite to run, only to find the red pinion as split and the model stalls! In recent times I have had to replace three Ninco pinions because of this......but no more. I sifted through the Slot.It web site and tracked down some gears in the tuning section. Being half impressed with the description I ran a vernier across the Ninco angle-winder gear on a 997 Porsche, and noted a couple of Slot.it options!! Mmmmmmmm?? Would they fit??

I put the gears on order with Topslots 'n' Trains and several days later I had them in my hand. I carefully ran a 2.5 m.m. drill bit through the spur gear (it has a 3/32" dia. hole) to half way from both sides to ensure it would be central. I then mounted it on a Ninco axle and fitted the pinion to the motor.... 'et voila' as they say in France, it all fits beautifully! All that's left now is to take it for a run!! No more buying a front and rear axle set from Mr Ninco!! Stay tuned

For those interested, the parts you will need are

1 X P167120 Pinion gear 6.75m.m. Z12
and
1 X GA1632E Anglewinder gear Ergal Z32

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Solving the Ninco curse!

Post by wixwacing »

I took the model (Porsche 997) for a spin last night and after some minor mesh adjustments had the car flying. A little bit of a Scalextricesque whine but all else was good. I'm looking forward to trying it in some more serious competition!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!