The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Home made files.

How DO they do that??
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Home made files.

Post by wixwacing »

Being a scratch builder I'm always filing something. Brass, plastic, other materials. and sometimes the good old modellers files or sheet sand paper just doesn't quite cut it (excuse the pun). A chance discovery and a discarded sanding board from the wifes makeup vault gave me an idea. Some 'lolly' (popsicle) sticks from the hobby shop, a sheet of 160 wet & dry and some PVA glue and the rest was simple. The sticks were glued to the wet & dry and with a large weight placed on them, left to dry for a couple of days. When dry the sticks were cut into individual sanding boards. The big plus is that they can be cut to almost any shape you need , to get into those difficult spots. Scratchbuilding life just keeps getting easier!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
ddyke
Pitcrew

Re: Home made files.

Post by ddyke »

Brilliant! You and I should be neighbors!
Scrappy Dan
When I'm not eating food or sleeping, I'm down in the basement, wrecking slot cars!
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Post by Deslotted »

Bugger off please Dan. :grin:
If the house next door to Phils ever comes up for sale.
I'm buying it.

I will however permit you to live in the spare room as long as you bring that little mill of yours. :wink:
ddyke
Pitcrew

Post by ddyke »

Or you guys make so much noise the next house opens up and we build an outbuilding (not outhouse) that spans the back of the three properties. I have a local friend, Dyno Tom, with which I discussed this very thing - 20' by 60' slot emporium and workshop.
Scrappy Dan
When I'm not eating food or sleeping, I'm down in the basement, wrecking slot cars!