A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Need help making a chassis...

Squeezing out those last few tenths
JonathanPoll
Spectator

Need help making a chassis...

Post by JonathanPoll »

Hello,

I recently got a load of Scalextric and Matchbox slot car stuff, and I would like to make my own car...
The car I would like to make is a 1956 Messerschmitt KR200.
If you don't know the unusual car, here is a pic of it:

I have found a site with loads of pictures, so you can see exactly what I am looking to do here: http://retrocars.tar.hu/messerschmitt_1.html
How should I make the chassis?
Just so you know, this is the car I use, so you can see what scale it is.

If possible, the chassis should be rear wheel drive, but if it's impossible, doesnt matter. Also, any ways of making a body? I was thinking of using a model, but if there is an easier way, why not.
I am only 14 years old, so I won't go to professional places to get one built, but don't think I will never do it. I am serious about Slot cars.
I saw there is a slot car version of the 3 wheeler Morgan

If anyone has it, can uyou please take a picture of the bottom/chassis? It may be easier.
I guess I should use Brass to make the chassis.

- Jonathan Poll -
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Need help making a chassis...

Post by kenneth »

try here. Your best bet would be a model kit and use what cam with it to modify into a slot car.
try here
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
JonathanPoll
Spectator

Re: Need help making a chassis...

Post by JonathanPoll »

kenneth wrote:try here. Your best bet would be a model kit and use what cam with it to modify into a slot car.
try here
I have 3 of those kits! ( but the ones without the Isetta ) http://images6.fotki.com/v91/photos/3/3 ... 1195346859
The main problem is making the mecanism, like making the cogs fit without being too wide.

jonathan