The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Warning! Extreme Scalextric!!

Local tracks and articles
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Warning! Extreme Scalextric!!

Post by wixwacing »

Local racer John Williams is not a person to let grass grow under his feet. Firstly, he brought us the two lane Scalextric track built on a bed, complete with three level racing and cantilever suspension plus a straight which defied gravity. Racing this track was like racing in a multi story car park with you having to watch the cars shadow or its reflection in the window in places where you actually loose visual contact for several seconds!!

Well, not much had changed. John still has his track but after mustering a deal of left over track sections he has created this unique rally track, putting the Scalextric looped ends to good use. Not only that, he has ingeniously incorporated several Scalextric 'banked' curves to make a 'corkscrew' at one end to be both ascended and descended!!.

Needless to say, in real life John is a civil engineer and has been responsible for some of Brisbane’s more easily recognised landmarks.

How about building this 1/1 on the Gateway southbank John!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Warning! Extreme Scalextric!!

Post by wixwacing »

When it comes to extreme slotcar racing I'm sure the rally track above is enough to set the mind boggling......but..... if you think THAT is extreme, then look at its sister track!! Built before the rally track it has had a few incarnations before reaching this stage. Once again, John's background as an engineer shows that nothing is sacred to a furtive imagination!! Believe it or not, there is estimated to be about thirty metres odf track occupying a space the size of a single bed, and a good lap time is in the ten second bracket!!

wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Warning! Extreme Scalextric!!

Post by wixwacing »

John has had yet another clear out and the new track this time is an extended rally track. The main design criteria was obviously "Chaos at all altitudes" which I think he has achieved quite admirably. What do you think?