Pine Rivers Raceway - Brisbane

Local tracks and articles
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Pine Rivers Raceway - Brisbane

Post by wixwacing »

Pine Rivers Raceway
Brisbane

For revery SCM slotter who wants to build the fastest model to race on the fastest track in the quickest possible times there must be another fifty who have different needs and expectations from the hobby. These people are usually a bit more sensitive to the great diversity of the hobby and indulge themselves in many ways to achieve greater satisfaction from the hobby than the speed freaks. Some may like scale model scratchbuilding, some enjoy reworking difficult models to turn them into little gems. Others may worship just one genre or make, and others collect liveries or specific models; and there are those who just have the need to present their hobby sometimes artistically, but generally quite skillfully as a hobby in miniature, and go to great lengths to design the track surroundings to represent in many ways the feel of a circuit come to life. The level of skill is not the most important thing, but the ideas in use and the way they are put together equally is. A look through the topics in the 'features' section will reveal track landscaping of many tracks, and the man hours spent are well worth it when you see the results.

Pine Rivers Raceway in the North of Brisbane is no exception and track owner Fritz has crammed every inch of his track with landscaping and other detail to present a very 'busy' track. Fritz has included a lot of homebuilt buildings and these are internally lit to great effect. The track itself is Scaley digital, so not only is it a busy infield, but when racing is on, it is a busy track too, with up to six models capable of racing in any one event. Not sure what happens with a full track, there is plenty of vulnerable scenery, but I'm sure Fritz has already accounted for that and taken the necessary measures to minimise a catastrophe. So time for me to shut up and let you take a leisurely stroll around Pine Rivers Raceway and maybe even pick up a few ideas for you own!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!