The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Michael's track - Adelaide

Local tracks and articles
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Michael's track - Adelaide

Post by wixwacing »

Another great Adelaide track and excellent use of space is Michael K’s of MJK fame. Much like many, Michael has a man cave in the back yard which ly contained amongst other things a pool table. This was (and presumably still is) in regular use because, when the topic of installing a slotcar track was broached with his family, I am told he was under strict instruction not to do away with the pool table. The solution was a great little track which makes good use of the room allotted him!

It is always the hardest thing to maximise the space for a slotcar track and so often driveability is compromised for the sake of track length, with home builders putting in gratuitous jinks and wiggly bits, the guys have avoided this and to me the ratio is just right, and ‘Master’ track builder and MJK entity Keith has managed to create this track giving a good lap length and retaining the features we all enjoy in a flowing track , a decent straight and a couple of good sweepers. Well done guys, I enjoyed the brief spell I had to run on it, but I look forward maybe one day of becoming the fastest Queenslander on it!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
mjk001
Spectator

Re: Michael's track - Adelaide

Post by mjk001 »

Phil it was a pleasure to have you over and share the track with you.
And as you are the only Queenslander to have driven on the track you are the fastest one so far. :lol:
-----------------------
Regards
Michael