The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Greg and Robyn's Logan City speedway (sold)

Local tracks and articles
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Greg and Robyn's Logan City speedway (sold)

Post by wixwacing »

You don’t need to be desperate to get yourself a slotcar track, but in some cases it certainly helps. Greg’s purchase was not an act of desperation, but he knew there was an urgency which dictated that if he didn’t get one soon, he may well never get one!

Greg and his partner have picked up the slotcar habit a little later in life than some and once the bug had bitten, it was almost imperative that a nice track and somewhere to put it was a priority. Alternatives where to build his own, have one made, or to buy a ready made track! The last option became decidedly tempting when he found a four lane board track for sale on the internet.

After an exchange of details and a bit of convincing, he and wife Robyn had the car loaded up and a tandem trailer hired for the pick up. The Journey, Logan City, just south of Brisbane, to the north of Adelaide!! Mmmmmm! No mean feat and a journey you might think twice about even for a holiday jaunt! Never the less, the road trip through the Australian countryside must have made it worth while.

Once in Adelaide, the track was loaded and the deed was done. All that lay ahead was the drive back to Brisbane. Once home and unloaded it soon became clear that the track was going to need a more sheltered and permanent home other than under the car port. Thinking laterally, Greg soon had the solution to hand.

More scanning of the internet revealed a company at Ipswich (Qld) selling disused shipping containers. A quick measure up and it was all systems go. Now you might think, how much did all this cost, but on doing the maths it is soon obvious that the whole process, including petrol, cost little more than purchasing a new plastic track system locally, or having a board track made. Plus, you get an enjoyable long weekend in the countryside!

A container was purchased, transported and set down in the back garden, and the track was installed in placed in the container!! Power was hooked up and the track was up and running. And what a nice track it is too. The track is a four lane track, looks a bit like MDF and its two endearing features are that firstly, it is painted with dark Ferrador, and secondly, it has magnabraid conductor strips.

The track flows particularly well too, with good sized straights flowing into tight but sweeping corners. There is enough catch fence to keep the most errant of drivers on the black stuff and after a spell running on the track, it soon becomes obvious that this track is, like several other local tracks, going to become a firm favourite. Mmmmmmm

So take a good look, If you live on Brisbane’s southside and would like to visit this great little circuit in Logan City, south of Brisbane, forward your details to Greg on 0417 77 14 64, email me at pwix@yahoo.com, or PM me this board.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Greg and Robyn's Logan City speedway

Post by wixwacing »

I had a couple of PM's regarding the tilt tray truck and ambulance on this track. Greg bought them from the US. Both are diecast metal and have first class detail, plus all the bits that should work, DO work! Even the tool panniers have tools in them! A great addition to any slotcar layout !

wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

To placate some of the non believers I have added a couple more photos. One of the container going in to place, and the other of the end of the track at the container doors.

wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Greg and Robyn's Logan City Speedway

Post by wixwacing »

Greg and Robyn's Logan City Speedway has taken up residency in sumptuous surroundings of the new "Titan" shed. Plenty of space for eating, drinking and being merry!! If you live on Brisbane's south side and would like an invite to racing, contact me by PM or email (see right hand column under my avatar).

wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Watch out for the Titan shed TV add over the next few weeks!! Mmmmmm?