The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

javelin AMX

News and Discussion
denny
Engine Tech

javelin AMX

Post by denny »

ok first time on this forum,if theres a better place to post let me know.
just started running 1/32 scale wont say how old I am.I was looking for a classic tourer or trans am racer any one know if the pioneer javelin is out yet ,whos got them and how it handles compared to what else is out there.I want something differant to the useual mustangs and capris.TAR thats all for now. :grin:
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Re: javelin AMX

Post by Deslotted »

Welcome to the Outhouse Denny.
I don't think the Pioneer Javelin is out Yet. But If you can't wait, RMS Resins do a kit that fit onto a scaley Chassis, from what I hear Dave Reinecke's Bodies are top Notch and very easy to get along with.
http://www.rmsresins.com/
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

These come up from time to time too

AMC Javelin

I see Pioneer have a couple of other models on their website yet to be built, so, unless they are going to ditch them, the Javelin may be a little while yet.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

thanks guys ,but where Im going to race has to be origional chassis ,which means has to be bought as compete slot car,.Ive already got a monogram mustang conversion and been told I cant race it.Not my rules and I think they should alow any thing with hard body and a minimum weight. If anyone can suggest a good car for classic tourer/trans am 1960-1979 as well as classic sports 1966-1975,Id appreciate it .
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Denny, Have you got their rules or is it all verbal? Need to know if they have motor classes/restrictions/plastic track with magnet? Board track non magnet?

denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

oh the touring car/trams am is 1800 rpm motor at 12 v but they race on 10 v classic sports is the shark or any 20K motor,no magnet. this is the rules http://www.slotcarfactory.com/html/friday_nights.html
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Denny

There's a bit of choice there for you. First choice is not always the best but if I were racing the track illustated, for the Classic Tourers/Trans Am, I might go with a Scaley early Camaro or Fastback Mustang. It doesn't say if you can add weight. If you can, it might be best to bring the model's weight up to about 95 grams by adding weight equally either side and towards the front of the motor. Lightly sand the tread off the tyres if they have any, and clean the tyres with shellite and a clean cloth before racing and between each heat. If you aren't allowed weight then it might be better to go for a heavier model like the Carrera Trans Ams. Again, sand the tyres even and treat with shellite.

Classic Sports 66 - 75 ? Mmmmmmmm?

Maybe a Fly Lola T70? Fly 512? Fly Porsche 917, Slot.It Alfa 33? Slot.it Ferrari 312 P? Sloter Lola T290? Once again, try to get about 55 grams over the back wheels, and with these models and the exclusion of MJK's, I would try and get some Slot.it P6's maybe. Again clean regularly! Also if no weight is allowed then maybe a Carrera? The bottom line will be what you can handle on the day. Don't try and keep up with the fast guys, just try your best to start with.

Let us know how you get on.

denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

thanks guys,yes we can add weight and Ive had me eye on the FLY T70
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

dam just lost the whole post .
ok bought a scalextric mustang,went into shop a guy I race with was there he recomended it as well,Im never buying scalextric again.they are crap,spend so much time just to get them to go round track and they never handle any good,stone age engineering compared to SCX.
I buy an SCX run it in and it handles great strait out of box.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Last Monday I raced a friends Scaley Trans Am Corvette at the seventy one metre Graceville track and was astounded by its speed and tenacity in out of the box condition!!! Looks like one is going on my shopping list for magnet racing!!!

denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

thanks.mate wixwacing
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Ive seen pictures and heard its on its way.Think pioneer have a barracuda comming as well
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

OH I heard its still not released LOL
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

I think with Pioneer it's becoming a case of 'believe it when you see it'. There are models on their website which were supposed to be out already, but where are they??