The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

New cars from Ninco

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

New cars from Ninco

Post by wixwacing »

I'll give them their dues, Ninco know how to milk a model!

More Jags and Porsches coming right up

Ninco XK120 Limited Edition Twin pack

and for Ten GBP more, there is the Porsche Twin pack Ltd Ed!!

Porsche 356 Twin Pack Ltd Ed

Link courtesy of
Getslotted.co.uk

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: New cars from Ninco

Post by yankfaraway »

Honestly, I can't imagine why anyone buys Nincos anymore. The quality was never that much better than others, actually, much lower quality than many others, and they want more (much more), than double price for the same cars they sold before. And let's not forget that the cars that cost less than half as much were equipped with the marvelous NC-1 motors that they no longer have. I just don't understand why people even look at Ninco for anything. Slot.it, Scaley, Pioneer, the list goes on and on... Better quality, far more customer service (I was told, "It didn't leave the factory that way", when I complained about a car with a broken chassis from a factory sealed box), and many other perks make just about anything a better buy. Ninco doesn't even keep spare parts, for cryin' out loud.

Am I being too critical? I just don't understand how they keep selling cars at these silly prices.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Yank Im not sure what your on about ,yes ninco are a little more expensive than some ,but Scalextric sheesh their crap Ive bought new ones that dont even go round the track and I race a ninco class that runs no magnet .And the lightnings fly.You can get ninco spares. I worked in hobby retal the wholesaler has parts but shops dont seem to carry them ,maybe you should ask the shops why the aint got parts.The Slot Shop in sydney has some ninco parts was there yesterday.My pick is go SCX they all cheap and run well SOOB
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

The fact these come with an NC5 has stopped me from purchasing the 356s.
Ninco has killed the classic market by putting in the NC5, as an avid fan of the classic with the NC1/8 it`s a no brainer to leave them on the shelf as they are not driven by the motor that makes them special, now they are just another `ltd ed.` as special as the Scaleys LT ed of 5000.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Limited addition ,thats the question why do ppl buy LTD additions if they cost more .I buy for colour sceme and to race.No onther reason to buy I can think of.
OH even I can change a motor and I lost some of my dexterity in a minor stroke.
Buzzard
Telemetry

Post by Buzzard »

denny wrote:OH even I can change a motor.
You're right Denny, but why should we have to. I agree with Jordan. :wink:

What made the classics great in the first place was that they weren't overpowered, they had the best motor to speed ratio needed and they came that way SOOB.

The collectors could still have a few laps knowing that they wouldn't damage much if they had an off, and if you wanted to race them, then you could change the motor.

Classics weren't ly meant as an all out racing class, if you want that, you would pick NSR or Slot-it or in your case SCX.

They were meant to get the Dollars from all of us oldies who remember when these 1:1 models actually ran on track.
Cheers
Kev.

I don't suffer from senility.
I enjoy every minute.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Well just buy a die cast If your not going to race it.and we just race nincos NC5s on 10 Volts
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

denny wrote:Well just buy a die cast If your not going to race it.and we just race nincos NC5s on 10 Volts
You're missing the point all together. Most people who already have cars from this class of racing bought the cars when they were released with fit NC1 or NC8 motors. Winding down the voltage on a car fitted with NC5 motors when raced in the same field of cars as those fitted with NC1/NC8 motors and remember the cars fitted with NC5's are exactly the same cars as the NC1 or NC8 motored cars will not fix the problem. The voltage that slows down the NC5 will have a bigger effect on the NC1 and 8 motors making them even slower again. The most reasonable solution is for Ninco to do the right thing by their customer base and fit the classics with the NC8 motors. If for instance you said just replace the motor with a Ninco NC8 motor yourself, you are increasing the cost of an already way over priced car. Why are they over priced in my opinion? These cars have been manufactured for over 10 years now so production costs have been more than met by the use of the car moldings i.e. the more cars made from those moldings the greater the return and the lower the cost per car. So the over priced car costing us between $80 - $90 depending on where you buy it from then costs an additional $40 for the way over priced NC8 replacement motor plus the cost of a motor adaptor at $6 making the all up cost as much $136. Don't believe me? Go and cost the parts and car yourself. And it's for this reason that we are upset with this business decision from Ninco. The NC5 is a good motor in the right car and that car is an ultra wide, low profiled car with large wheels and tyres like a Ford GT or Lamborghini. But it is not suited to the classic range from Ninco. The Porsche 356 is difficult enough to drive with a NC1 fitted in it but can anyone who has driven one of those cars imagine what it would be like with an NC5? Madness and the totally WRONG motor for these cars and a poor decision from Ninco in doing so.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

OK but no one is forceing you to buy any of these cars.My reason for my first post was, yank bagged out ninco cars and said no parts and thats wrong.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

OH and dont they make controllers that you can reduce top end voltage ,the slot it one even does traction control
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

denny wrote:OH and dont they make controllers that you can reduce top end voltage ,the slot it one even does traction control
So now you are telling me I need to buy a new controller just to drive these cars? So that's another $120 on top of the car. Just believe what the guy's are saying. The wrong motor has been fitted to those cars.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

OH sorry I thought you where a serious racer,excuse me :P
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

denny wrote:OH sorry I thought you where a serious racer,excuse me :P
You're starting to push the wrong buttons here. You remind me very much of a guy called Orange Picker from Sydney and I had no time for him either. Now you will come back with some other smart answer and on it will go. I've seen it all many times before and trust me I am here for the long haul. You'll be just another one that blows away soon enough.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

yes and you lot are argueing about the price of a slot car .sheesh.
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Denny denny deny

The boys here are certainly serious racers , most have competed on comercial tracks and won in one class or another . However Commercial tracks are only one side or a small part of the hobby ( some jokers call it a sport ) and many people also prefer to race in a club style enviroment with tightly controlled class cars :eg Ninco Classic NC1 . The idea is that racing comes back to driver ability not outright car performance .

There are quite a few manufacturers offering their product to us and value for money is always a consideration . Many of the guys have quite a few hundred cars with a huge diversity . A few of the Racers have a couple of thousand . Add $50 for motor conversion onto 100 cars and it doesn't take long for the $$$ to stack up . What I'm getting at here is that these guys know what they are talking about , they have followed the hobby for decades and still race competatively each fornight . Some of the blokes race a few times each week .

Most of the people are agreed that after many years of providing Classics with NC1/NC8 motors , Ninco has decided to fit NC5 motors to Classic cars and we don't like it . It is not what we are looking for . I know myself I have maybe 20 ninco classics and they all have NC1 motors . What am I to do ? Each new Ninco Classic I buy will have to receive a new motor and adaptor . I will definatley think twice before buying more , especially when you consider they are uasually re-release of previous models . 18 months ago you could buy a classic for $69 - now they are $89 + motor . Thank god the dollars good otherwise they would be $150 each .

Paul
Go hard or Go home