The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Facelifted BT44 Brabham - updates added

News and Discussion
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Facelifted BT44 Brabham - updates added

Post by Deslotted »

I've been busy with my facelifts again, this time it's a 70's scaley BT44 onto the newish M23 Mclaren chassis.
I sentioned and rejoined the car adding a 16mm piece of reinforced plasticard between the cock pit and nose section.
Then I removed the bulk off the angular sidepod (leaving a little as a guide) and constructed longer and deeper sidepods also from plasticard. I also completely filed away the cockpit and moulded in driver and substituted it for a cut down M23 cockpit from the donor Mclaren and constructed a new rear wing from plasticard.
I also filled in a small section between the Airbox and cockpit a roll hoop will be fitted here at a later stage.

Theres a bit to do like filling some small gaps, raising the driver and adding mirrors, also the paint to be completed as well as detailing and decals, the chassis was fitted in a similiar way as the Shadow I posted previously.

Regards Ted
Last edited by Deslotted on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Re: Facelifted BT44 Brabham

Post by Deslotted »

A quick update on the BT44. Well You can see progress for Yourself.

Unfortunately none of the commercially available decal sets have the correct length stripes for the sidepods, so these are my own.