The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Monoplace Protoslot Brabham

News and Discussion
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Monoplace Protoslot Brabham

Post by Deslotted »

I love to be able to share some photos with You guys of this great kit of My new Brabham.
But After waiting for a month and emailing the guy in France.
It appears very likely that some rat Bast**d has knocked it off during transit. $85 bucks worth.

It's a pain, all the stuff I've had sent from UK off Topslots or Slot Cars of Wales has always turned up, usally in less than a week. Yet the one car that I was really hanging out for dissapears. Gee I'm peeved.

The mongrel concerned must have been a slotter, otherwise why would You knock off what to most people looks to be 1/2 a car with no wheels or motor or chassis. Actually I'd prefer that, than the thought of some ignoramous trying to glue together 1/2 a limited resin kit into a crappy static model for his kids to push around the carpet.

Has anyone else bought stuff from France or similiar, how long does it usally take? I thought for 10 euro it was signed for and registered but apparently post from France is pricey and that would have been 25 euro (about $40) I guess the lesson here is to ask.

I've been talking to one guy recently who has had $300 worth of slotcars, in 4 parcels, that were sent registered mail from within Australia dissapear within Australia Post but mysteriously signed for by a person he's never heard of.
Anyone else had similiar experiences?
ddyke
Pitcrew

Re: Monoplace Protoslot Brabham

Post by ddyke »

In the USA I had UPS (United Parcel Service) "deliver" a rotary table for my milling machine but it was gone from my porch. I filed a complaint, called a million times, the seller turned it over to the FBI -- voila, suddenly it is delivered by UPS. The box may have been opened or had really sloppy taping the first time. It was an interstate delivery.
Scrappy Dan
When I'm not eating food or sleeping, I'm down in the basement, wrecking slot cars!