The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Stryker Slotcar Decals

News and Discussion
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Stryker Slotcar Decals

Post by Deslotted »

I currently have my Graham Hill Shadow under construction and was a bit stumped when I discovered that Patto doesn't make the Embassy Racing decals.
A quick search on the web netted me these guys http://www.strykerslotracing.co.uk
Their Decal sets cost 5 quid a sheet and take about 10 days to get here from the UK and have free post.
Good News is they come pre - laquered and are very robust and take a fair bit of handling. The only thing I found on a negative note was that the laquer seems a bit excessive (5 coats according to the sheet of info) and can be a bit tricky to get around some curved areas. The robustness of the decal means that they will accept a fair bit of prodding 'tho and eventually sit ok. They come with a good set of easy to understand instructions and readily accept use by people with 10 thumbs like Myself. Their range is a bit limited at the moment but growing.
Pictures of Mr Hills Shadow to follow soon.
Also the Brabham BT44 project has been abandoned, due to the fact despite a large amount of cutting and shutting of the body, the fact that the scaley car is an inch shorter in the wheelbase than most of all the other models and by the time I changed it to suit the McLaren chassis, the proportions were all out of whack, perhaps a search for an old french scaley Brabham is in order as they have a longer wheelbase.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Stryker Slotcar Decals

Post by wixwacing »

Good find Ted, I've added that to my bookmarks.

As for the decals, there is a product available from Mr Hobby called Mr Mark Softer. This is a decal softener to help flatten them on contoured areas. You would need to test it first on a spare piece of decal and a painted surface to make sure it is compatible with the products you are using, but having said that, I haven't experienced problems. I first used it doing Jordans Porsche GT1 after making a pigs ear of the first atempt. Note, don't rub the decals while this is wet.

Mr Mark - SOFTER

This is available in Brisbane hobby stores so should be available in WA

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!