The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Ireland or OZ

News and Discussion
ddyke
Pitcrew

Ireland or OZ

Post by ddyke »

My wife wants to drive me into bankruptcy by taking me on a trip. If we go down under to the top of the world - what are the best things to see besides Phil's track.
Scrappy Dan
When I'm not eating food or sleeping, I'm down in the basement, wrecking slot cars!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Ireland or OZ

Post by kenneth »

Lotsa stuff/places.
Rainforests up north, Blue Mts down south, great ocean road drive, Philip Island ( there is track there), Ayres Rock, too many to mention. Also all the tracks you will come across along the way- pack some cars. :-) Not to mention all the slot car addicts along the way.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

My wife wants to drive me into bankruptcy by taking me on a trip. If we go down under to the top of the world - what are the best things to see besides Phil's track.

Tough call Dan.

My one regret is that while I lived in the UK I never made it to Ireland and her forty shades of green. As for Aus, there is plenty to see and do for a relatively small population but as there are some large distances between places some forward planning will be needed to minimise travelling time.

Rest assured you would be made very welcome at either destination, and as my wife says, 'Ah well, there's always next year!!'

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
slots
Spectator

Post by slots »

There are also some roads to stay away from without a guide. Strezleky track is one but is great for an experienced road traveller. It's a couple of days between towns on that one so you need to take everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Inluding water. As has been said, there are some wide open spaces down here. :shock:
Old racers race harder