The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Fly

News and Discussion
frank9129
Spectator

Fly

Post by frank9129 »

Fly is in Bankruptcy! I just read over at HRW that Fly has filed for protection of the bankruptcy courts in Spain.
If Fly is closing after there joining with Artin what is going to happen with the other producters?
A SAD, SAD, day in Slot Car Racing.
Frank
Crab Ally Speedway
Annapolis, MD
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Fly

Post by kenneth »

So the recent deal with Artin is now defunct or what?
I really hope someone gets the fly molds & equipment and makes good use of it.
FLY cars have just doubled their price new or used.
What a dissapointing piece of news. :( :(
I suppose the local retailers with a bucket load of old & new FLY product are going to take advantage of this, not to mention any names.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

Geez......

I wish I'd hung onto those fly cars a bit longer. Could have been in the tinny now.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

This one is an interseting situation. Bankruptcy varies from country to country but predominantly means a person or company CAN NOT pay their debts, eg, their outgoings are greater than their incomings, as opposed to 'need some time' to pay their debts. One of the first acts would be the appointment of a reciever who would determine whether they can trade their way out of debt even if it means restructuring or selling off parts of the company and/or its assets. Contrary to popular belief, Fly had started production in China and if the recievers consider the debtors are better seved by Fly's continued trading, they can trade their way out of insolvency, even at the cost of their Spanish operations and assets, this is the only current 'unknown' and when that question is answered, the future of FLY Car Model will be decided.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Post by Deslotted »

Lets hope that the Fly FW07 actually sees the light of day, eventually. Might have to get another March before they all run out at the shop, before they all end up on the auction sites for a million dollars each.
I hope they can get it all sorted out. As much as the old classics take a bit of sorting, I do have a bit of a soft spot for them.