The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Nissan Pick up 'Paris - Dakar'

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Nissan Pick up 'Paris - Dakar'

Post by wixwacing »

During a period of self inflicted unemployment I have managed to catch up on quite a few slotcar related projects. One in particular is the Revell Paris - Dakar Nissan Pickup

Check it out at:

Paris Dakar Nissan Pickup - Colin McRae

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Nissan Pick up 'Paris - Dakar'

Post by Perro »

Here, here lets have a good old RAID race sometime soon. The range of cars within the class is quite extensive now and it would make for something new and refreshing in our little hobby. So let's bring it on.
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

I've seen some pretty great looking snow races that people did outdoors using flour. I've wondered about it. It shouldn't be that hard to seal up the works against debris getting into the gears or bushings, but maintaining traction and keeping electrical contact seem to me to be the big problems to overcome.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

I suspect that the build up under the braids will stop them in their tracks. When I was a mere boy we raced on scaley track and put fine powdery sawdust on the track to race and until you cleared a path through it ,it would stop the model dead.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

That's exactly what I thought, but they overcame that somehow. They were running classes on a snowy hillclimb. I never could see if they had a brush on the front of the guide, but that's what I surmised they were doing.

I looked for it, but could not find the pictures online that I remember. I'll keep looking. It looked like a huge mess to clean up, but it must have been something to see.