The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Forum News - Update!

News and Discussion
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Forum News - Update!

Post by Cyph »

No problems found over a couple of different computers here at home, un-global'ing this topic and locking it. If you have any problems though, please PM me.
UPDATE - Forum upgrade completed. If any you have any problems with the sidebar displaying weirdly, please do a forced refresh by holding down the control key (bottom left of your keyboard) and hitting the F5 key.

If there are still issues, please message me via PM, however at this point in time the forums seem to be running correctly. This may change at 2am QLD/3am TAS time due to weird refreshing, but should be all systems go from this point onwards.

I'm going to hunt around and see if there aren't any cool things we can add to this forum package, and what I find I'll run by our esteemed leader, Phil, to see what he thinks.

Cheers,

-- Rob
Afternoon all,

Early Saturday morning AEDST (probably even around midnight QLD time), I will be upgrading our current forum software from version 3.0.2 to 3.0.4, as we're a couple of versions behind the curve at the moment and I figure we might as well run the latest stuff.

I've done some testing of the newer version on my computer here ensuring that when I upgrade the software I don't actually break the sidebar functionality, and so far so good.

Rest assured I'll be taking backups prior to my commencing of all these shenanigans, and the forum should only be out of action for around 30 minutes.

I'm going to look for some solutions to the stupid problem we are having where we are having spam bots register posting advertisements and junk for World of Warcraft gold. Stuffed if I know why they are registering on here as we have zero to do with a computer game, and no offence is intended to anyone but I'm tired of dodgy chinese gold sellers trying to advertise their illegal activities. Yes, most of them are Chinese, because the companies running them pay the people like $0.30c an hour to do nothing but sit around playing computer games to onsell in game items (illegal practice in any event under the Terms of Service of the game itself, but what the hey!). Anyway, I'm going off on another tangent.

So yes, forum upgrades happening tonight. No functionality should be lost.. unlike my last aborted attempt because as I just found out, I forgot to put a ; in a spot. sigh.

Cheers,

-- Rob
The Racer Administrator