The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Ostorero Lotus 79

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Ostorero Lotus 79

Post by wixwacing »

News for some time now but only just been released is the Ostorero Lotus '79 in two versions. One being the Ronnie Peterson model but more interestingly, the other is Hector Rebaque. A little known driver from Mexico who drove 58 F1 GP's in the late '70's eventually running his own team of Lotus's in 78/79

If their previous models are anything to go by, this model will be a good scale resin body crammed with fine detail but with a mechanical underbelly which, like Racer etc, is meant to do the job. Not priced for the feint hearted though and with those wings sticking out ther front, not a real contender. (Who can forget the Vanquish Lotus 49 front wing??!!)

Ostorero Lotus 79

Anyway, if you have come up on the national lottery this week I suggest you rush out and order this model. And one for me!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: Ostorero Lotus 79

Post by yankfaraway »

Exactly. I have a somewhat deserved reputation for fixing smashed slot cars, and I worked on no less than five of the gorgeous Vanquish John Player Lotus cars. Without exception, no one who knew me was able to resist running these delicate cars, and every single one was smashed in some way. After I finished restoring them, they looked correct, but they would never run again in competition. I learned from their error, and I watch out for cars that I can't stand to crash now. But oh man, so those Lotus (Lotii?), look great!