A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Ninco 356 repaint

News and Discussion
kenneth
Team Strategist

Ninco 356 repaint

Post by kenneth »

HI Guys
just wanted to share my repaint with everybody. I had 2 Guatemalninco 356, the one repainted had led a hard life and needed a rebuild & new paint to bring it back to life.
It handles better than previously, not great but fun. The decals were left over from a previous repaint of a LMP spyder in the Carrera Panamericana decals from 1955. The blue was because i was sick of the silver on a lot of old porsche and this colour although not Gulf blue but a bit darker and it complimented the red & yellow of the decal excellently. There is also a Martini decal on the car, even if the livery is not purely correct, the period decal of Martini is correct, the Martini Logo hasn`t changed since it`s inception in 1929, even though Martini Logos never graced a race vehicle till`68/69 they did have signage around most race tracks at that time. So i guess this is a fantasy livery, i like it alot.
Last edited by kenneth on Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Ninco 356 repaint

Post by wixwacing »

I saw this model in the flesh the other evening and was very impressed, Jordan. I think you've come a long way in a short time!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!