The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

'Racer' start the 2009 ball rolling

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

'Racer' start the 2009 ball rolling

Post by wixwacing »

Italian slotcar manufacturer RACER have kicked off their new year with some absolutely stunning examples of miniature auto modelling. If the following pictures are anything to go buy there is going to be a lot to dream about this year.

First up is the Riley Mk XX No 61 AIM Motorsport Daytona 24 hr

Impeccable detail down to the intake ducts

A Slot.it business end!

Detail in every corner!

Next up Is the Riley XX No 91, Riley Matthews Motorsport 2008 Daytona 24hr

And this is 1/32 scale !

And finally, the model which sets my trigger finger aquiver...... the Alfa 33.... in two liveries! The No 4 Buenos Aires 1000km 1970

and the No. 6 Buenos Aires 200 mile race 1970

The Rileys are from the new 'Sideways Marque and will have injection moulded bodies while the Alfa is from The Racer resin range. I mentioned adding quality to my collection in an earlier post!! What better way to start!

Check out thier website at.....
RACER slotcars

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
reel55
Engine Tech

Re: 'Racer' start the 2009 ball rolling

Post by reel55 »

Got my eye on the Gold and black Riley myself
Seems there released in the United States- but not in Briton yet-according to Darren in
Topslots n trains - He does not know when there to be expected

Verne reel55
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Norm got himself the silver car yesterday from Red Racer. He said the gold on the other car is somewhat dull but like Verne the black and gold car is my pick from looking at the photos of both cars.

Perro
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

Here in the U.S, Racer is selling (or is that NOT selling?), most of their range at $260-$280 American, and very few are being sold. Many fewer are being raced. The DP cars are part of a range called "Sideways" that arrived without fanfare or explanation, and they are selling rather well at $70. At that price point, they are actually cheaper than the mechanically challenged, price-gouging Nincos that often arrive pre-broken. MRRC and Ninco reps say "They didn't leave the factory that way." as if that has any relevance. I predict the cheaper, far better quality Racer and Slot.its will bury the Nincos that used to be a mainstream standard for 1/32. Even the Ninco diehards among us are branching out, since the latest Ninco price increase and the aforementioned quality issues (broken chassis from the box, gears with lumps on the teeth, bent axles, etc.).