The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

York Motor Museum

News and Discussion
Deslotted
Team Strategist

York Motor Museum

Post by Deslotted »

Hello all, I am currently on 2 weeks annual leave, and have been spending my time constructively by watching various motor racing videos such as Le Mans with Steve Mcqeen, the 1980 world F1 review and every Bathurst from 1973 to 1995.
In addition I decided that it was an opportune time to visit the York Motor Museum about a stones throw from my house. There is the usual array of Veteran and Vintage road cars but there is also a nice selection of race cars for the motor sport tragic to drool over.
Along with various Indy type cars from the 50's and 60's, they have the 1979 ATCC winning Bob Morris A9X Torana and some excellent examples of F1.
Notably Alan Jones' FW07 Williams of which this example was the winning car of 4 GP's, Also the March 701 used by Jackie Stewart in 1970 (between the Matra and First Tyrrell cars) and winner of 1 GP (and 1 of only 3 GP's won by March cars).
Very interesting was the Cosworth built all wheel drive F1 from 1969 but sadly missing it's Cosworth V8.
I was a little dissapointed to see that the H16 BRM was not on display or the Mighty Lancia Stratos rally car from the mid 70's but the owner of these fine cars Peter Briggs has so many that they are currently rotated around and some are off for restoration.
Another Interesting car on display is the ex Stirling Moss Cooper sports car, also the AGP winning Stan Jones Maybach 111.
I will attempt to get some pictures sorted out if anyone is interested but in the meantime check out the link
http://www.yorkwa.com.au/Motor.Museum/cars.htm
Cheers Ted