The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

WILLIAMS FW07B alen jones resto

News and Discussion
460cixy
Spectator

WILLIAMS FW07B alen jones resto

Post by 460cixy »

Gidday I'm matt just joined the other day and thought I would kick off with this resto that's not really a resto claytons if you will. I got this car brand new as a kid in around 1984 at a guess and has had a hard life a few weeks ago I un packed some cars to run on the new commercial track here in town and came across this old jem minus wheels bearings wireing the works. So the decision was made to drop some coin in to this car.

So a set of mjk 12x7.5 alloys for the front fitted with slot it lo pro tyres zo compound. On the rear 13x10 mjk hump airs with mjk tyres. New bronze bearing to fit the rear axel and brass pinion gear for the old Johnson 111 motor.

Only thing I'm stuck with is how to clean the body up with out loseing the livery that's made of the old jobs you used to wet and place on the car and let dry so if any one has any advice on this would be great. (Also note the wheels turn with the guide on this car I haven't seen any other scalextric cars like this)

wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: WILLIAMS FW07B alen jones resto

Post by wixwacing »

This model is the MRRC Williams FW07 from the eighties. They also made a Brabham and a McLaren M23 from a similar era, all came with steering. As far as the livery is concerned, I would buy a sheet of Patto's decals for this model and redecorated it. It will look great.

Check out my conversion using Patto's decals

Williams FW08 6 wheeler

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
460cixy
Spectator

Post by 460cixy »

Do you remember what the sticker kit was called I had a quick look and nothing was jumping out at me if I could put some new decals no would be fantastic
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Williams FW07 decals - Pattos place

You will need to go to W in the decal list and scroll down til you get to Wlliams FW07 F1 - 1979 note...the typo is deliberate

If you order the decals from Pattos,, enter the name as it appears on the website and don't forget to tell him what scale you need (in your case 1/32) and whether you want waterslide decals or self adhesives.

460cixy
Spectator

Post by 460cixy »

Any advantage with water slide over self adhesive ?
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Horses for courses really, I prefer waterslides for shelf queens and self adhesives are more durable for racing models. But stickers can be tricky to apply.