The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

More from SCX

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

More from SCX

Post by wixwacing »

It's good to see the SCX brand back in the marketplace under the tutelidge of Fábrica de Juguetes S.L.U. One of my favourite brands if only to tune them into racewinners much to everyone elses shagrin.

A couple of aspects I like about SCX is 1. They can take a knock or two; I have many models which rarely leave the track intact after a race, but SCX isn't one of them. 2. Their fabulous adjustable traction magnet. 3. The diversity of the model genres, from Renault 4's to the latest LMP's, and incorporating almost everything else in between.

For non magnet racers their tunability is second to none and even with the SOOB rubber tyres on them and with a little judicious ballast they can prove to be uncatchable in their motor class (18,000 rpm). What else do I like about them well, as mentioned before the diversity of models is unmatched. From Seat 1430's to Audi 80 GTO's and from Bugatti EB110 to the Lotus Renault R31

Then there is the Vintage range, Mmmmm the old SCX was slowly reproducing models from their seventies moulds, only in life like colours and liveries. Including models like the McLaren M9a and the BRM P261.....or the McLaren MP4/6 to the Audi Quattro A1

The other good news is SCX are reviving the Vintage series and it looks like one of the first cabs off the rank is to be the model Austin Healey 3000, a much sought after classic slotcar up until the release of the Ninco range...... and still sought after.

According to the new website, digital is to be revived and even the enigmatic motorbikes get a second chance at life. There are numerous guides and manuals in pdf format and there are a host of spares for repairing and tuning models. But, rather than me prattle on trying to impress you, make a coffee (or tea) and take yourself along to the new SCX web site (scalextric.es link below) and see for yourself. If you are an out and out racer then this site may well not appeal to you, but if you are a slotcar enthusiast then there will be plenty for you here.

Scalextric (SCX) Spain

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!