The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Midget madness

News and Discussion
HotWheelsSteve
Spectator

Midget madness

Post by HotWheelsSteve »

:?: Hello everyone, I'm new to Slotcar Outhouse. I'm very keen on 1960s-70s racing cars, in particular speedway Midgets and Formula One slots. Collecting, building, racing or just simply watching them go 'round and sharing photos. I'd be very keen to communicate with any of you who have similar interests.

I live in Brisbane, I have a 3-lane oval which I'm slowly landscaping as a Speedway track.
I've also learnt to love F1 at the old Nurburgring, Spa or Monza's banked curves from the days before wings became a menace to power sliding. :-)

Steve Magro, Brisbane
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Midget madness

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Outhouse and I'm sure you'll find some like minds here in what is at the moment a minority hobby, but hopefully, not for long. As you have found out, there are several guys already into Speedcars or Midgets locally, It's just a case of getting them in the same place at the same time!! More good news, I took the Monogram chassis apart and found one of the brush springs dislodged, so it is now screaming! How about some pictures of the track so far?

Phil

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Florida_Slotter
Spectator

Post by Florida_Slotter »

Steve,

Small 3 lane ovals are quite an enjoyable time for racing with your friends.

Recently I joined up with a group of "Mature Racers" like myself that simply enjoy racing slot cars. One of the tracks is a 4 x 12 foot 3 lane oval. I must say that I had more FUN running about that track then I have had on just about any other track. Size does not matter! Quite frankly, I think the short straights were more of an equalizer and you had to spend your time concentrating on how quickly you could negotiate the turns.

A Midget is on my build list. Recently I found a place that has a couple of resin 1:25 Midget bodies:

ImageImage

Big Donkey Resins is the name of the site if you want to place orders.

So, how about more info on your oval? Photos? Looking forward to hearing more about your setup.
HotWheelsSteve
Spectator

Post by HotWheelsSteve »

I'm happy to see I've got a response. Actually I've got 2! :-)
Sorry for taking this long.

So pleased to read about process with the ol' motors!!

Here are some pictures of my track. All 3 lanes are working but not quite evenly. Still thats okay 'cause most often there's just one driver on it - me! :grin: There's lots of work ahead for Julie and me as we begin to landscape. Getting our cars ready take preference just for now and we've been working on some of the bodies this week.

I've been trying to load up some photos but cant figure how to do it. I tried copy-and-paste, tried clicking on 'Img' but no luck.

...I'll be back soon!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Steve,

Have added the pictures to your post

Phil

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!