The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Slot.it Alfa 33/3 impessions

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Slot.it Alfa 33/3 impessions

Post by wixwacing »

<br><br>I got my Slot.it Alfa 33 this week and being cruelly deprived of owning a track and relying on the good offices of others, I left it a few days before I 'unpacked' it. The occasion was at the new board track in the northern suburbs. So what are first impressions. Well, first impressions are a little bit scarey!!

The detail is fine and it is well detailed but I couldn't help being a bit alarmed by it's lightness. The model weighs in at a mere 64 grams with most of this over the rear axle. Not a big deal, because this will stand it in good stead on a plastic track for which it is designed. The alarming bit is the thickness of the body material. I would be severely concerned that in the rigours of a magnet race the model would suffer an impact which surely will split it wide open??

<center>Mmmmmm?</center>

Out of the box it jumps and judders on a board track, indicating how stiff the braids are and how light the front end is. It will take quite a bit of body tuning before it can be used for the purpose it was purchased! But for now I will leave it at that.The model is obviously aimed at the competition from NSR and I am worried that Slot.it are going to depart from traditional construction techniques and pursue the 'womp' path.
<center>
Monday night it will have its first plastic track outing on the four laned seventy plus metres of Graceville and no doubt it will be a projectile but 'til then.... stay tuned?

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
reel55
Engine Tech

Post by reel55 »

Phil
Put a washer between the blue spur gear and the chassis
or u will start to lose part of the rear detail when u loosen
of the body screws
The car is supost to be better than the ferrari 312pb,
as it requires less lead to hold it down ( i have 10 grams vs 14(312)
Are u using the sillies underneath the base on yours?

Verne reel55
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Slot.it Alfa 33/3 impessions

Post by wixwacing »

H Verne,

No, I haven't got that far yet. I took it for a run on Scaley Sport on monday night and it was very taily even after a tyre sand. The guidewas too deep too! I'm going to do a review on it so I need to leave the mods til after. But I'm sure it'll fly eventually. Have made a note of your weighting preference.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!