The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Meeting of a lifetime

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Meeting of a lifetime

Post by wixwacing »

<br><br>I was digging through some old slotcar files the other day and was trying to thin out some pictures to create a bit more space when I came across the little 'Gem' below. I think it dates back to about 2003 and shows good friend and screaming mad slotcar enthusiast Terry Cosgrove in distinctive company.

As far as I can remember and as the story goes Terry and Marie were in Adelaide the November of that year. They had gone down for a break and whilst touring the city, they came across classic car after classic car? They then stumbled upon posters for The Classic Adelaide Rally which is held each year. Unfortunately they had stumbled upon it a week early and weren’t scheduled to be in Adelaide for race week. Undaunted, Terry decided to obtain a souvenir poster and the next day he set out on foot alone to the Hilton Hotel where he had been reliably informed of a media outlet. Unfortunately it was closed and he took a leaflet describing the event.

Back in his hotel room he scanned the leaflet and found a phone number he could call. This he rang and was informed that although the media centre wasn’t open, if he got there early enough they would arrange for him to get some posters. So Terry, like a Bull Terrier latched on to his prey, set off the next day to the Hilton Hotel. At the hotel he was greeted and taken to the Rally organisers office.

In the room were about eight people and to one side was none other than Jack Brabham!! Not only was Jack there, there was another gentleman struggling into a back pack. As he turned round Terry could clearly see it was Stirling Moss!!! Well, needless to say Terry was in shock!! but not so much that he couldn’t get Lady Moss to take pictures of him, Jack and Stirling with a camera he had with him just by coincidence!!

Well done Terry, a great and unique experience and no doubt something never to be forgotten<center>

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!