The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

March 721x Part 2

News and Discussion
Deslotted
Team Strategist

March 721x Part 2

Post by Deslotted »

Part 2 of the March Plan comes together.
Penelope Pitlane chassis arrived yesterday -
This is the Bargain Chassis kit, comprising- Chassis, guide and screw, braid, scaley motor, wires and eyelets, pinion, crownwheel, axles, alloy axle collars, axlebushes, alloy wheels , tyres, inserts and whitemetal wheel knockoffs, various screws etc. Basicly an RTR chassis for 22 pound!

The kit's wheels / tyres are not quite up to what I need, being too narrow for this car
so these were ordered from Electric Dreams in the US-
Ostorero Lotus 79 Alloys rims and slicks, oh and a full length driver.
No inserts with these rims but I have a set of protoslot 70's F1 inserts on hand.
I am using suspension detail from the scrapbox as there is none in the kit.
Pick up some paint tommorow and hopefully start the build on the weekend

For those that missed part 1 - the PP body kit .
Stay tuned.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Re: March 721x Part 2

Post by Deslotted »

Chassis - took about 2 hours, front suspension from the scrapbox, possibly Scaley.
Put in a slot it 27z rear. Ostorero rims and tyres.
Body on - Need to get it down lower than this.
The wheel base is really short, but thats about right, March were going through a period of building F1 cars based on their successful F2 cars.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Post by Deslotted »

I managed to get a bit more done today, I managed to get the body a bit lower, by taking a bit off the posts and taking a fair bit out of the inside of the body, (she's about .5 thick in spots now).
Unfortunately theres no way I can get that slot it crown wheel in and had to resort to the scaley one that came with the kit.
Also theres no way i'm going to get a full lenghth driver in, so will do the best I can with the cast in Ronnie Peterson.
I fitted a set of Protoslot inserts into the Osto rims. Hooked up the wires and braids to the guide, and got a bit of painting done. I had to take out the alloy collars on the front axle (clearance issues when I lowered the body) but the front suspension assy out of the parts box holds it all in situ ok.
I still have to finish the detailing, fit the white metal coolant lines and wing struts, mount the wing, fit the screen and decal it.
getting there.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

This is looking decidedly sexy Ted!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!