The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Life gets easier

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Life gets easier

Post by wixwacing »

Slotcar life sure is getting easier for all, with more than several companies now offering perfectly good chassis in the Market place and pre painted bodies readily available from leading kit makers, you can have a working scratchbuild in an evening!!

Penelope Pitlane chassis and spares

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Re: Life gets easier

Post by Deslotted »

I Just got the Penelope Pitlane March 721x, I was going to fit it to a Fly March Chassis, but they are a bit hard to come by at the moment and complete cars seem on the up and up in price, so I have now ordered a complete PP chassis kit, this means I'll have to come up with some ideas for suspension detail etc, as the metal Chassis is, well just a chassis with no fine detail, I also want to fit a full length driver so we'll have to see how it all goes, but if I want the sort of detail I got with the Monoplace Brabham I built http://www.slotcarouthouse.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=936 , I'll have to get creative.
Full report to follow.

Unpainted kit contains resin body, decals, wing, white metal wing struts,radiator lines and exhaust tips.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Life gets easier

Post by wixwacing »

Looks like another beauty coming up Ted, the livery looks excellent too. I've been struggling to put the hours in since I've been back at full time work and the ERA was basically a paint and screw model. I've been looking for some special classic wire wheels for a Jag SS and it looks like PP might be the place to get them!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!