The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Teamslot Lancia Stratos 'BIC'

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Teamslot Lancia Stratos 'BIC'

Post by wixwacing »

This looks to be a great livery on one of motor sports more enigmatic cars. And a first glance tells me Teamslot are putting their models together with a bit more care!!
Mmmmmmm?

Teamslot Lancia Stratos 'BIC' Acropolis Rally 1978

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Teamslot Lancia Stratos 'BIC'

Post by Perro »

I have a Stratos from about 5 or 6 releases ago and they still run like junk. Look good but poor runners at best.
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

Pedro, I don't agree sorry, I have one in the Italian livery which I have raced for years. It is one of my favorite cars. I put a nc1 motor into it and sanded the rims and tyres and about 5 germs of weight up the front and it is a cracka. The bic livery looks great too!
Regards egg
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

If that's all it takes I will eat my hat but I seriously think the truth is being somewhat stretched when you say that's ALL that was needed to make that thing run like it does.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Help me here guys, I have the Italia Stratos as an unmade Teamslot kit which I bought off terry Cosgrove some while back. The motor is obviously still an 18k S can. Which of the current racing groups (Q32 or Slot squid) rules will allow me to race it with an NC1 alternative 'a la Eggmeister'?. And what class would it be?? I know I can race it under Legends guidelines! As I look at it, there maybe a challenge ahead of me here! Mmmmmmmm? John,.....I'm on your side here!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

Phil,

I raced mine in classic rally class. Yes with the little NC1 motor in, it can be out powered on certain tracks. However as it is such a joy to drive and can be driven to the limit on some tracks i have found it is not always a disadvantage to have a lower powered motor on some tracks.

Regards and Merry Xmas

Egg