A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Ninco E Type Jag

News and Discussion
dangermouse
Engine Tech

Ninco E Type Jag

Post by dangermouse »

Huzzah!
Looks like we might get a drivable E Tpye - looking forward to this one....

You know they will probably put and NC14 in it - but what the heck if they do will swap that for one of my other cars and put and NC-2 or 8 in it.

cheers
David
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Ninco E Type Jag

Post by wixwacing »

I have been waiting for years for a raceable E,type (probably along with tens of thousands of others!). I've got the SCX version which goes surprisingly well 'sans magnet'. I've also got a mint Airfix one from the sixties. I think Carrera did one too somewhere down the line. The inherent problem is that the E type had a very narrow rear track, and a true scale model would be very unstable. If Mr Ninco lives up to expectation he may well pump the scale out sideways a bit and make a good racer of it, especially if he can fit a good magnet between the motor and rear axle. Failing that, there are also some US cars which had the Shelby style pumped out arches....they would work!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
dangermouse
Engine Tech

Re: Ninco E Type Jag

Post by dangermouse »

Word is the actual car will be better than the one in the prototype pic. More news should be out this week so I guess we will know soon. Motor is likely an NC-9 which is a 16k motor FK-130 motor.

cheers
DM