The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

LMM 1/32 goodies

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

LMM 1/32 goodies

Post by wixwacing »

There is no let up from the bespoke slotcar manufacturer Le Mans Miniatures! Their latest are two versions of the Renault 442, a car which was a test bed for their F1 engine and which proved to be quite successful.

LMM says:

After Porsche's victory in 1977, Le Mans became the first priority for the Régie Renault. They knew they would not be given the means to triumph in F1 until Le Mans had been won. The reliability of the engine was improved thanks to over 30 modifications including the pistons, distribution and turbo, which improved the flexibility of the engine despite an unchanged power output. Renault entered 6 vehicles including 3 Alpine A442 (car numbers 2, 3 and 4) and the A443 (car number 1), presented only two weeks before scrutineering. To diversify the risks, no Alpine has the same configuration.

The car numbers 3 and 4 were called 442 « A ». It was the basic version of the A442 without the cockpit bubble and the brushes on the underbody. The car number 3 with Elf decoration is equipped as car number 2: the rear hood has a central air intake with louvers on both sides and additional air intake on the wing supports aimed at cooling the brakes. Initially planned for Bell/Jaussaud, this last one being associated in last times to Pironi on car sister number 2, it was to the team Bell / Jarier who was entrusted car number 3. Car number 4 with Calberson colors is configured as the previous year; rear bonnet with 5 NACA air intakes and metal wing supports. José Dolhem freshly distracted from Porsche was engaged as substitute beside Ragnotti and Frequelin. After the retirement of A443 car number 1, Jean-Pierre Jabouille did also a stint in this car.

For a long time now many of us have been using the old Scalextric figures to fill out their pitlanes and infield for no other reason than there are millions of them out there!! In recent times Carrera and Scaley have upgraded their figures to modern but yet still unidentifiable figures! LMM have decided to give some of these figures an identity and their latest 'crew' is from the Le Mans Peugeot team, a great addition!

And lastly, LMM have come to the aid of the scale modeller who want's to add a touch more realism to their models.....Move over Mr BRM.....Move over Mr Slot.it, these are in town!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!