The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Flyslot ???

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Flyslot ???

Post by wixwacing »

A little (reliable) birdie tells me Flyslot are on skid row?? !! Anyone?

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Flyslot ???

Post by Perro »

Phil who is your source. It's a sad day indeed if it is true, again but I fear this will be the last hoorah and Fly will be no more unless they can do another John Farnham and have yet another comeback but I don't think so somehow. The Lotus was a bad way to go out too which is such a shame from a company that once produced so many beautiful cars. Let's all cross our fingers and hope it is not so.

Glen
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Re: Flyslot ???

Post by paulthetexan »

I'm really big on wives tales and old sayings . Similar to there's a little truth in every lie , and 2 sayings come to mind here .

"GOOD LOOKS AREN'T EVERYTHING" and "YOU CAN'T TALK YOUR WAY OUT OF SOMETHING YOUR BEHAVED YOURSELF INTO"

Translated to

The cars look great and drive like crap . You can't continually make overpriced cars that won't run out of the box and expect people to keep coming back .

Don't get me wrong , I love my FLY cars and have quite a collection of them . I have also worked extensively on them to make them drive as good as they look . BUT ...... FLY SLOT seem to have produced poorer quality cars than FLY . Great model choice with great market anticipation only for the buying public to be let down when they get their new peice of gold bullion home .

Time to hide the good ones , Fly values have just doubled !!!!!!!!
Go hard or Go home