A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

First Brass Chassis

News and Discussion
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

First Brass Chassis

Post by paulthetexan »

Howdy

Many of us have the delema of how to modify cars that we perceive as collectable or valuable . The problem becomes more desperate if our prised gem doesn't drive particularly well either . Well after this sweet little Porche 356 fell in my lap the other week I thought I'd try something new , new for me anyway .

Two things were on the agenda , Firstly tuffen it up a little and second hoping it would handle better than a standard Ninco 356 .

Well my little beast sure goes well , looks tuff and I learned a lot going thru the motions of building this chassis . Apart from a few spare parts I had laying around and a couple of dollars in brass rod it has cost me next to nothing and best part of all is that I can return the model back to standard by replacing the origonal chassis .

Hope you enjoy

Paul P.S. Hey Phil , why are my images clipped ?
Go hard or Go home
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: First Brass Chassis

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Paul

This is looking very promising, I know you have a whole stack of bodies waiting for the treatment!!

ref pictures. Slotcar Outhouse pictures are best posted at 750 pixels wide. I see your pictures are 1024px (pixels) wide. If you click the edit button on the picture(s) on your photobucket account, choose the resize option and resize to 750px. retain (aspect) ratio and finally save as "replace " they should come good. The change may not be immediately noticeable. I have done this myself before and haven't seen a change until the next log on. So don't worry if they don't change size immediately.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Buzzard
Telemetry

Post by Buzzard »

Hi Paul,

Very impressive especially with those wheels.....

What brand are they ?
Cheers
Kev.

I don't suffer from senility.
I enjoy every minute.
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Hi Kev

Fly Capri wheels , there's a lot of tyre for such a small car .

Paul
Go hard or Go home