The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

New Fly GP ??

News and Discussion
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

New Fly GP ??

Post by wixwacing »

Now don't get me wrong, I like the latest classic GP cars from Fly, and we are due for another so the leading boards inform us. The Lotus 78 is a great car and everyone will want it and all that but we forget that Fly announced an infinitely more collectable F1 just beforet they took a dive back in '09.

What was it?

The Renault RS10.

As attractive as the JPS livery was, will the Fly model be carrying cigarette advertising from the box???Mmmmmmmmm!
Give me the Renault anyday!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Re: New Fly GP ??

Post by Deslotted »

WooHoo.
I 'd be wrapped to see either of those in my collection Phil.

But I must say the Lotus would be the fave for me. I'm sure Patto will come to the party on the JPS decals if Fly get cold feet. But the Scheckter March came resplendent in it's Rothmans livery.

Bring them on.

Cheers Ted.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: New Fly GP ??

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Ted

I'm starting to worry about Pattos decals, I have a resin Lancia Stratos which has a set of his 'Silk ink' decals. they barely go round 2D curves let alone 3D. They are far too rigid and I have scrapped the project until others can be found

This is what he says on his site!!

The new ink for the waterslide decals is quite stiff, and may need help to conform to shape. Use very hot water to soak the decal and dip it in again just prior to installing. If further help is needed, use a hair dryer to gently heat it. They will work fine if the decal only has to bend in 2 dimensions. If you need it to bend in 3 dimensions, please use the Peel & Stick.

Unfortunately the more flexible waterslide ink has been delayed until some time soon. I still dont have a definite date. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Dear oh dear oh dear!!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!