The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Scale model nationals

News and Discussion
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Scale model nationals

Post by paulthetexan »

Hi Guys (if I could find a slot car girl I'd marry her ! )

I have noticed that the southern states are organising a Model Car National race meet at Hornsby Slot Cars in August . Now I don't know exactly where that is apart from somewhere outside of Sydney. Please correct me if I am wrong . However , I am thinking it would make a good long weekend roadtrip if it is close to Sydney .

They seem to have a good spread of classes and the rules seem pretty close to the way we race them up here . eg. standard with MJK tyres . Check out the following link and have a look at the classes and rules

http://ascra.com.au/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=36

I guess I'm putting out there to see if anyone is interested in driving down with me. I imagine it would cost about $1000
each with food/accomodation/petrol/nightlife/spare parts etc. Dancing girls will be extra of course . I'm just guessing at cost , when I travel down to Eastern Creek it cost about that for 2 track days with accom. and fuel for 2 guys . I did it once for $750 . It may be slightly cheaper with 4 people sharing fuel costs .

Glen just has to NOT BUY his next 3 Racers
Eggy and Bob Just needs to sell a couple more of those highly collectable cars
Phil , you just need to part with 3 or 4 of those lovley scratch builds
Jordan , there's no hope for you , your Porche mad !
Gooney , just stop wasting money on golf
John Forson , Well he'll probably be at Eastern Creek anyway
David only has to sell 500 more sets of tyres ( you might have to wait for a couple of years dave )
Kenny , well you'll have to only take one cruise this year
Kev and Norm you guys will have to put a stop on all those international ebay purchases

And the rest of the guys can jump in the boot of Al's new car , He'll drive anywhere in that baby !

Any takers ?????????????????????? Q32/Legends v Australia

Paul

P.S. No Ken , you can't eat sausage rolls in my car !
Go hard or Go home
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Scale model nationals

Post by kenneth »

First thing would be trying to get some leave from work, which is proving to be difficult if not done 6mths in advance!!
Second , well I`ll come to that if #1 works. sounds good though, but rather go to Philip Island for Moto GP a bit later , and to run on their big track.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Now that's an idea , I'll tow the bike and do a track day ................. Just kidding

Sounds good Jord but it adds 2 more days travel , 2 more night accomodation and meals , 2 less days earning money .... the cost starts to blow out . Melbourne is so far away . I haven't looked at the cost of flying . We could do Sydney and then come back to 2 days at Jamies on the Gold Coast and buy 8 new cars for the same money !

Anyway , lets start thinking about it . Drop it on the girls and get a reaction . See where you end up . If nobody can go I definately won't be going on my own , it just gets too expensive without sharing fuel and accomodation . Besides it's about sharing the trip with mates .

Also , secretly I'd also love to line up against some of the guys from down there to see what they've got .

As far as leave goes , Track is open thursday with Racing from Friday night till Sunday . I'd like to Leave Wednesday , practice all day Thurs. Race all weekend and drive home Monday . 4 days off work !

Thats not leave thats a sicky .
Go hard or Go home
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Paul

It looks interesting from the outside but unfortunately, one thing that sticks in my craw is bracket racing, I like a break between heats. The other is that it's two minute heats. If you get taken out accidentally (or otherwise)!, there is buckley's chance of making it up in time. Womp racing rules for 1/32 scale?? Not for me.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Hi Phil

Very good point . The other bitter pill is that they are running qualifying heats with only the fastest progressing . Definatley makes it hard to travel the distance for what could possibly be 12mins of racing . We'll have to see how it progresses .
Go hard or Go home
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

WEBJET has flights for 98 dollars each way with virgin blue flying down on the 4th and coming home on the 8th. Hire car at airport for a few days, maybe 100 each. Plus accom.

Getting better.

Problem is i'm not bunking with jordan. He snores
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Hi Egg

Thats great , sounds like a stress free trip . Cost would work out similar at $300 a head travel . Just depends on weather you feel like driving or flying . I think you would get there fresher buy flying , driving just has a certain sense of adventure about it . Either way I don't mind , I'll go will the consensis if we get a few guys wanting to go .

Paul by the way , how do you know Jordy snores?????????????????
Go hard or Go home
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

I told Egg not to tell any one, it`s only after I drink rum ..........oops!!
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
dangermouse
Engine Tech

Post by dangermouse »

you talking about the forest again?

:)
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Maybe more like the Boondall wet lands .
Go hard or Go home