A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Plafit EZ 32 Chassis and Parts

News and Discussion
dangermouse
Engine Tech

Plafit EZ 32 Chassis and Parts

Post by dangermouse »

Hello all
I have been working on a couple of projects where I wanted to lower a Carrera Cuda and GTO - I planned to make a PCB and or Brass chassis. I ran into a bit of a wall working out a way of making a motor bracket and front axle holder, and was looking for options. I was aware of some parts available from OS, but that involved a long wait and a postage expense - sight unseen I didn't want to buy the wrong things.

Then at Christmas I got an EZ 32 chassis from my brother in Japan. It is available here from Ace Hobbies.

My mini review:
Pointer Motor (21k), 3/32" Axles and Oilites, 30T Crown Gear, 12T Pinion and 15.5 x 9.4mm Aluminum Wheels and Rubber Tires (50shore hard front + 20shore soft rear)
you can get info on it here. Ace Hobbies

The chassis is good, the motor is nice and quick and the tyres offer really good grip on my routed track. You can easily order other size crowns and pinions if needed.
The way the chassis is designed the top plate attaches to the body using the existing body mounts, you can then undo two screws to take the running gear off. The rear of the chassis is nice and flexible. Track is adjustable as it height, all up a good value chassis.

This would be a great chassis for scratch builders and is only $55 - I discovered through ACE Hobbies there is also a range of spare parts including a really handy motor mount and front axle holder.
These are great if like me you already have axles and motors etc from the chassis then for around $7 you get a good set up with brass oilites. I drilled holes into the PCB and screwed the motor mount and axle holder in. Motor mount accepts motors with screw in - I used the Carrera motor so I just hot glued it in.
Still working on a few things - I should have got the guide holder as well but will make my own out of brass. Will post pics of the completed car when finished.

cheers
DM
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Plafit EZ 32 Chassis and Parts

Post by wixwacing »

Hi David

That looks like it could make life easier for those who have a favourite to convert!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!