A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Le Mans Miniatures?

News and Discussion
joe19
Spectator

Le Mans Miniatures?

Post by joe19 »

G'day people,

Just wondering if anyone has experience with Le Mans Miniatures? They seem to produce some interesting/unusual cars but reviews for their reliability, race-ability, performance, production values etc. seem very thin on the ground. I read one thread on Slot Forum where a bloke has two LMM cars and both had serious production problems e.g. mis-shapen wheels, weak engine mounts, etc. to the point where they were only good for sitting on a shelf. Considering they cost more than an NSR I'd want to be sure that they were worth the money before taking the plunge. Anyone know anything these cars?

cheers,

Joe.
Real Men Race Torinos
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Re: Le Mans Miniatures?

Post by Eggmeister »

Joe,

I have a le mans minatures bugatti and I can honestly say it is an outstanding model. I do not know if it drives well as it is just too good to drive.

I know I will be howled down but it is always going to be a shelf queen. Interestingly i bought it on ebay and it had a small piece missing of one of the sides. I was pretty shattered and i sent an email to the company seeing if there were spares. Guess what. They sent a replacement part free of charge all the way from france to australia. Great service.

Do yourself a favour buy one.

Egg.