The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

SCX Barracuda.

News and Discussion
denny
Engine Tech

Re: SCX Barracuda.

Post by denny »

ok thanks buzzard,I got 5th with me NASCAR last night a 9.2 something thats as fast as me CUDA its handleing well now.Next week is CT me CUDA and CS me Ferrari 312 think I got that hooking now,some P6s on the back and open sports me NINCO Moseler still working on that front wheels look wonky changed axels no diff.Im still suffering from stiff finger syndrome,controler to stiff for suttle changes so I just hold one speed through certain sections of track.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

OK put a solid axle in car last week,got me fastest paractice time monday night 9.3.Club champion got a 9.1 on race night but car didnt seem as fast in race.It was so easy to drive though ,in some lanes dont think I came off and so smooth one guy commented have I got a motor in it ,its so quiet.Ive taken the little bit of lead out now as axel adds weight.OH I came 5th last time 4th.
Buzzard
Telemetry

Post by Buzzard »

OK Denny,
Now the analysis....

Who beat you and what have they done to the cars to make them finish higher ??

If it is just their driving, then track time will help you to sort that out.....

Maybe they have a trick they have done that you mightn't have thought about..

Congratulations on you efforts so far.
Cheers
Kev.

I don't suffer from senility.
I enjoy every minute.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Well buzzard ,the club champion gota 9.1 with me CUDA before the race and he got a 9.1 with his car in the race.so my car is as fast as his must be my driving now.and he commented on how smooth it was to drive.See how it goes tomorrow with few grams of weight out of it .
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

this car keeps getting slower and slower.It flew first night raced it then it just got slower .Ive put a solid axel in it and lowered it , Its handleing unreal but lap times went from 9.2 fastest too 9.5s now and forth .5th .6th and 8th last race.Ive tried a few motors and its done 9.2/3s in practice and it usualy get quicker in a race any sugestions.Im not deslotting and Im slower now.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hard one to diagnose from a distance denny, Have you been winding the traction magnet down!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Traction magnets are for wussies LOL we dont use them
no worries WIX I was just getting frustrated with it .Ill get it sorted I hope
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Ive got me Cuda realy flying now ,the only problem is with new MJKs I was going under lap break out time and once tyres get old ,eg a night its half a sec slower .New is 8.7 old 9.2 break out was 8.9.Im trying to find a more consistant tyre any ideas,Im trying slot it S15s and SCX nascar tyres at the moment,Im testing on 2 cars now.I cant get MJKs to last more than a night on a ninco track.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Been a while since I posted here .Ive had so much trouble signing back in to this site.
My Cudas are not very stock any more,changed all running gear a few times in both cars,last race it did 8.4s but I think the owner must of turned up the voltage its never gone that fast before its been hard to break under 8.7s with my other car.This car was only just getting sorted and only 1.tenth faster in practice.but then in race it started to go.It was blowing everything away on the straight.now my local track has closed so have to sort it out for a timber track .SLOT SHOP
OK I have a question but Ill ask it again in its own thread does any one know which way the switch in a dual polarity PM controller goes for a Neg track UP or DOWN no instrutions its second hand desceased estate thanks
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Denny

Most PM's have a little green light which glows when the polarity is correct. Not sure of the dual polarity version though. Check out the PM controller section on Professor Motor's website, lots of good information there. You might need to know the model number which is the hard part as I'm not sure they put it on the controller?

Click on the link below........

Professor Motor Controllers

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

Tar Wix but Ive looked at that site and just end up chassing my tail cant find controller as I said could be added optional parts ,
But maybe the light is green when right and yellow if wrong pollarity'
Ill ask at track but they not open till next week I think,
Ive also posted on a professor motor thread here.
denny
Engine Tech

Post by denny »

I still cant find where I change my password to one I know and can remember, :? Every time I want to post I cant and they send me a bunch of numbers I cant remember so I just leave it months .
Well I did get my Pro motor controller sorted .But I haven't raced for over 2 years now .
Im still playing with cars but got sick of the people who think its F1 . :x
I just went to have fun and when someone pisses me off I just couldn't be bothered .I cant handle the stress since my Stroke and HBP.