The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Slotcars we dream of

News and Discussion
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Slotcars we dream of

Post by Deslotted »

Now that we've got our nominations in for Slotcar of the decade.
I think we should start a thread on what car We would kill to see RTR.
It could be a new car thats never been done or a new high detail car that has been done before, ie. Mclaren M23 done during the 70's by Scaley (amongst others) and Redone quite recently as high detail diecast quality slotcar.
I think that a model that can be done in at least 2 liveries would be the go as I think thats what would make it a possibility in the manufacturers eyes rather than a pipe dream (I bet we see that M23 in Chesterfield colours at some point as it ran in the UK Aurora series). But if Your dream car only came in 1 livery then go for it (ie 312t2 Ferrari).
It'd be nice if We would put a bit about why the car means so much to us.

I'll kick off with:-

1973 DN1 Shadow
This car won no Grand Prix but managed a few podiums. It was in the flesh a beautiful car to look at (especially in black UOP colours)and a real example of how an open wheeler was designed with a flair and not in the wind tunnel.
It was a favourite car of mine as a kid. My 1st slotcar set comprised of Dn1's. The Grand Prix 8 set. Although they have no real detail when You look at them now. (I still have them and would never part with them).
Also I can think of at least 3 liveries - Black UOP, red and white Graham Hill Colours and the Red white and blue of the little known Springett Racing.
I would love to see a DN1 recreated with modern techniques and high detail.
Last edited by Deslotted on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: Slotcars we dream of

Post by Cyph »

Consider this the boy racer in me, but I'd kill for any of the following in 1/32 scale.

* AE86 Toyota Sprinter - would have to have the compulsory Watanabe wheels.
* Mazda FC RX-7
* Mazda FD RX-7
* Nissan 180SX
* Nissan S15

Sadly, I don't think we'll see them :(
The Racer Administrator
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

Being a Porsche nut the following.
Porsche 718RSK - mainly because i think it is such a beautifully designed car. Every time i see a picture of one i wish i had a little version to drive around. Chances of a real one arriving on the driveway is rather minimal to say the least- even though there are some good replicas available at a price.
TAG Porsche Mclaren MP4/2 MP4/3 - obvious reasons.
Porsche 356 Carrera Abarth GTL - just a beautiful car.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
ddyke
Pitcrew

Post by ddyke »

I was just thinking of the Shadow series of cars and would like them in true 1/32. Any Brabham would be good as well.
Scrappy Dan
When I'm not eating food or sleeping, I'm down in the basement, wrecking slot cars!
BjuvköpingGrandPrix
Spectator

Post by BjuvköpingGrandPrix »

I'm a sucker for LeMans prototypes and I can't think of anything I would like to see more than the 2003 Bentley Speed 8 redone by Scalextric or Slot.it. Both companies would most likely build a more detailed/beautiful and competitive can than Carrera ever did.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Post by Deslotted »

ddyke wrote:I was just thinking of the Shadow series of cars and would like them in true 1/32. Any Brabham would be good as well.
Yes some of those wild Shadow Can Am cars would be great too.
I know Vanquish made them, but they weren't true 1/32 and had that dodgy diff setup. :-)
Yuk
Spectator

Post by Yuk »

Cyph wrote:Consider this the boy racer in me, but I'd kill for any of the following in 1/32 scale.

* AE86 Toyota Sprinter - would have to have the compulsory Watanabe wheels.
* Mazda FC RX-7
* Mazda FD RX-7
* Nissan 180SX
* Nissan S15

Sadly, I don't think we'll see them :(

Would love to see an AE86 Sprinter. Could happen, after all you can get a "Godzilla" Skyline GTR!