The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Carrera Dodge Daytona 'Victory on Debut'

yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

Just a bit of comment from North America, about these cars... I have several of them in various liveries and bodies, and I can tell you that they are the most popular stock RTR class we run by far. They cost less than most, they are very tune-able, and on our wood tracks, they will fly around the track (takes a bit of skill, though- no brakes, really). The chassis on these cars are large pans of plastic, and they warp, so leave the mounting screws looser than usual. Also, I shave the mounting posts under the body to lower the body on the chassis. I turn the front tires down quite a bit, and I use PPR Super Tires (similar to Ortmann's), on the rears. For oval racing, I use stock tires turned down to match the silicones' diameter on the outside tires, and the silicones on the inside. This allows the outside tires to slip just a bit, and the silicones dig in for traction, forcing the car to make the turns at higher speed without getting tail happy. Like Rob, I remove all the extra electric nonsense and run the wires direct to the motor from the guide. I also put weight just behind the front axle and lower the guide shoe, just the same way that Rob does. Here's some of the cars, with an untouched red car for comparison...