The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

A few of my recent builds

Race car or slot car photography.
TSgtRet
Spectator

A few of my recent builds

Post by TSgtRet »

I haven't been logged on much lately, just been content to "copy the mail". Anyway here are 3 of my recent builds...
The first started life as a Pioneer "Lady Luck" Charger. Changes include, Monogram interior and wheels and Tiny Motors silicones. Homemade decals.
Next is a Revell "Snap Kit" 56 Vette on a Hobby Slot chassis. Used an MT/1 (NC-1 equivalent) motor Monogram steelies and Indy Grips on the rear. My target was an amalgam of the 56-60 Sebring/LeMans cars.
Last one is a 65 Grand Sport Roadster. The resin body is by Mark Thomas out of Louisville; Monogram GS chassis, MT/1 motor, wheels from the Pioneer Charger, Tiny Motors silicones and a cobbled together interior.
"One useless man is a disgrace; 2 become a law firm and 3, or more, become a Congress"
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: A few of my recent builds

Post by wixwacing »

You can't fail to like the corvettes! Do they run well?

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
TSgtRet
Spectator

Re: A few of my recent builds

Post by TSgtRet »

The 56 runs pretty well but the GS is still, typically, a bit "top heavy" (though not like the "coupes") and I need a bit more weight on the bottom of the chassis. The lower rpm motor helps a lot with the drivability. We run no magnet in our group and 12 volts.
"One useless man is a disgrace; 2 become a law firm and 3, or more, become a Congress"