The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

US Grand Prix Team

1:1 Racing Discussion - Hillclimbs, Race Events, etc.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

US Grand Prix Team

Post by Deslotted »

It seems that the all new all American "US Grand Prix" has collapsed before the season has even started, meaning of course that we are back to 12 teams again for the Year, still thats 4 more cars than last Year.
With Nascar being all dominant theres very little money left for Motorsport in the US after Indy cars pick up the dregs. Pity really.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: US Grand Prix Team

Post by wixwacing »

For all their trials and tribulations and Bernie's promises to make the event cheaper and fairer over the last couple of years, nothing much seems to have happened. Also, I have to admit I have stopped watching it too as I am P****D off with races that are run mid afternoon our time being shown eleven o'clock at night......and later!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: US Grand Prix Team

Post by Cyph »

wixwacing wrote:For all their trials and tribulations and Bernie's promises to make the event cheaper and fairer over the last couple of years, nothing much seems to have happened. Also, I have to admit I have stopped watching it too as I am P****D off with races that are run mid afternoon our time being shown eleven o'clock at night......and later!!
Phil - in regards to your second point, have you considered getting a HD tuner for your TV? Every race is broadcast on One HD live, including qualifying the day before.

The only race I didn't watch live was Brazil, entirely because it was on at like 4am in the morning. So I just recorded it on my computer :P
The Racer Administrator