The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Targa Fest 2009

1:1 Racing Discussion - Hillclimbs, Race Events, etc.
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Targa Fest 2009

Post by Cyph »

Part of the goodness that is being in Tasmania, is the fact we get probably the best Motorsports event in Australia.

I am of course, talking about Targa Tasmania.

As part of the festivities, the majority of Targa entrants descend on Launceston on the Friday night, park in the handily blocked off streets, and let the public get up close to some very nice cars that most of us would give away a leg to own (but we wouldn't be able to drive them then, ironically!).

I decided to waltz (or rather, cruise on down into town (2 minutes away)) on in and have a gander at the cars, chat to a few of the drivers, and generally be a stickybeak and try to absorb as much race goodness I could, and get any freebies I could get my hands on. In this case, it was a couple of stickers, and a small toy Mazda car.

I took my handy camera with me, and decided to share the pictures with all you good folk on here.

Targa Fest 2009

Here's a few pictures though for your viewing pleasure. I've decided to get the most random cars I could find for the pictures here. Enjoy! I've picked out 8 pictures to post here, the rest (all of about 80) are in my image gallery linked above.

Those Lotus slot cars may look awesome, but they are even better in the flesh.

Wasn't too cold which is good! Enjoy !
The Racer Administrator
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Re: Targa Fest 2009

Post by Deslotted »

I Bet those Big GTHO's are a bit of a handful, around those Tassie roads. To be pointing in a straight line would be a rare thing, all opposite lock and bulging eyeballs I think.
I've come over all nostalgic now.
Excellent Pics thanks Cyph