The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

F-5000 at AGP

1:1 Racing Discussion - Hillclimbs, Race Events, etc.
Deslotted
Team Strategist

F-5000 at AGP

Post by Deslotted »

Just spent a big weekend on couch watching the AGP (Webber got torpedoed again) but the highlight for Me was the massive field of 70,s Formula 5000,s .The Lolas and Chevrons, Elfins and Eagles were a spectacular sight and even better sound. I hope to see more of them.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: F-5000 at AGP

Post by wixwacing »

With each year that passes there are hundreds of ex racing cars going on the market. I can see these GP events becoming week long circuses! I'll be looking for the Aston Martin DBR9's and Porsche 997's in the AGP Historics in 2030!

Regards the race, if ever there was a case of being in the right place at the right time, this was it!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Deslotted
Team Strategist

Re: F-5000 at AGP

Post by Deslotted »

Hi Phil
The thing that struck Me most about the Historic F-5000 race was that it reminded Me of the diversity in design and shape of cars from the same era, much like F1 during the 70's. (I'd love that black Lola T332 as a slot car)
Once the F1 race came on the only thing that looked differant from one team to another was the colour scheme.
As for Poor old Mark Webber, that was more like wrong place at the wrong time, gee he's unlucky.
Cheers Ted