The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Festival of Speed on Tweed

1:1 Racing Discussion - Hillclimbs, Race Events, etc.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Repco Brabham

The annual ‘Speed on Tweed’ event held in the northern New South Wales town of Murwillumbah every September is rapidly becoming a Mecca for Car enthusiasts of all kinds. Organised by the Murwillumbah Rotary Club, it s concept was to hold a motor sport event with the aim of raising funds for local charities. Run predominantly by volunteers, it has focused on displaying vintage, veteran and historic cars in an active role.

Brooklands Riley

There are very few static displays at this event and the theme this year was on Australian Grand Prix, showcasing some of the notable participants of previous AGP events. The event starts on the Friday with a lunchtime parade through the town, moving on the early evening with a street party. Saturday sees the start of competition in earnest. This is in the form of a time trial. The cars are required to complete a short road circuit which starts and finishes in the showground and cuts its way through the three dimensional outer suburbs of Murwillumbah.

Bugatti Type 37

The days activities are augmented by photo and autograph sessions and a competitor parade lap at lunchtime. The evening once again moves on to main street in the town with wining and dining a must and street performances from roving artists and a main concert.

Citroen light 15

Sunday sees the racing continue, again another photo and autograph session and before the close of the event there is the presentation at the show ground.

Talbot Lago

A lot of the cars entered come from all over Australia at the owners expense and the Speed on Tweed is slowly obtaining a national event status on the list of events ‘to do!’

Supercharged Austin Seven

Apart from the cars shown there were a good selection of racing cars from all eras.

Fraser Nash

HWM Jaguar

Indy Racer

MG

Pair of MG’s

Morgan JAP

Mustang 350

Pontiac

Jaguar XK 140 and XK120

Jaguar XK140 Boot Badge

Pontiac

Mustang 350 GT

A Dodge Brothers product!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!