The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Morris outing

1:1 Racing Discussion - Hillclimbs, Race Events, etc.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Morris outing

Post by wixwacing »

Wifey and I were recently out on the bicycles taking in the warmth of a sunny Queensland spring day when a notice at a local roundabout proclaimed there to be an outing, no less, for those who have been beguiled by the fairest and cutest of cars, the Morris Minor, plus their progeny. I learned a long while back that life is not all V8's and ten inch tyres, but between the roar of gas flowed headers and the tortuous sound of black annuli of latex origin there is a place of tranquility which raises its head above the petrol head parapet once in a while.

So, feeling enthused, we called a detour in the mornings plans and headed for Ormiston Primary school where a bunch of 'other' enthusiasts where quietly gathering. Time well spent as it revived memories as a youthful mechanic with a cantilever box of assorted spanners and screwdrivers, I was daily sent forth to cure peoples woes and place them once again at peace with the world, and their car!

Fond memories indeed and something we all of us should appreciate is that due to natural progression, we had to have the humble family sedan before we as a consumer, could have any one of the myriad delights spread before us along many a 'golden mile' in many a suburb! For those who appreciate......enjoy!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!