The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

A 'Stuttgart' of Porsches down the road

1:1 Racing Discussion - Hillclimbs, Race Events, etc.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

A 'Stuttgart' of Porsches down the road

Post by wixwacing »

Not often we get the opportunity here at sunny Wellington Point (South East Queensland) to have a reason to get up before lunch and don your Sunday best to go and look at something worth looking at, but last Sunday, and having been tipped off Saturday night, there was a collection of Porsches, just down the road from my gaff, in the grounds of historic Ormiston House....and with one of the owners being from the local slot group I decided there was a valid reason to get up before mid day!! So me and 'the leg-end' showered, shaved and sha* and went along to get an eyeful of what dreams are sometimes made of.

No perfectly restored Le Mans racers, No million dollar collectors items but an honest selection of some strikingly beautiful cars from across the age. All lovingly maintained and many of them can and do have their fair share of track time. So, if you are wondering what to do with the remnants of your last lottery win I suggest you invest in something which will get you up before mid day on Sundays!!

Check them out:

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!