The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Q32 at Clontarf

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Q32 at Clontarf

Post by wixwacing »

Another good race day at Al and Jaqci's with fifteen in attendance and a bit of a full on event. Classes were Nascars, Classic Sports cars Group 1 (NC1/8) and Slot.it Group C. A few rules bent in the process as some obviously didn't understand the classes or didn't have class cars. But that's not what Q32 is about and we eventually got under way. The first event was Nascars and as always it was going to be a Scaley versus SCX event and with the first event being traditionally when the racers get their act together, it proved a limber up for the marshalls too.

Glen brought some very nice models to show, bargains fom eBay apparently!!

Newcomer Mike was finding the board track a new experience and made a valiant effort in spite of the opposition. John F had decided that it was to be a pursue Phil evening for all events starting with Nascar. Favourites Gary and Norm were primed and ready to go but in the event Norm couldn't deliver, and the rest of the field strung out behind Gary. Peter S was determined, too, to have his share of the front and when it all boiled down, the computer, which had been asked to do some other things during the race, decided to confuse peoples names. The results stood, but we don't know whose they were??

Dig the wheels on this sexy Camaro

Next event was the Classic Sports car for NC1's and 8's. You’d be forgiven for thinking this was a Jaguar owners day out as there were more than enough on the grid. At one stage, Glens lonely Ninco 166 had three 120's to contend with. Other popular models were the Ninco Corvettes. Once again more than one on the track. I settled for an outing in my NC1 powered scratchbuilt Cobra and John once again harassed me from behind with his XK120. Al raced a GT 40 for a while and put in some good times but there was a discrepancy as to whether it was a class car?? Finally the computer once again decided it would call the shots, but this time the results reflected real life and as such, gave my little white and blue Cobra second place behind Gary's very quick XK120

Bargain basement teamslot purchase!!

Last up was the main event, this was to be Slot.It group C, but for some of us without a group C car it turned into a Slot.It race in general. None the less, a lot of very close racing here and Porsche 956/62's being spread far and wide across the field. My choice was a Sauber Mercedes as did a couple of other guys and there was a Nissan or two but not a Mazda to be seen?? Mmmmmm?? With this event the lap times slipped down to the dizzy 13.01's and some of us managed race averages only a few tenths above that. Carnage was minimal and marshalling of the new track sections was efficient.

And a very nice HPI Nissan Calsonic!

The only observation would be that a part of the infield was particularly difficult to reach and the 'grabber' supplied was proving difficult to grip some of the Slot.It models. Once again, a few familiar faces at the front of the pack, and I was determined to set the pace with my Sauber. Peter immediately cottoned on to what I was doing and pursued me relentlessly. Other heats saw some of the not so quick drivers do well. Ken in particular had some classic heats and young Andrew managed to shine through now and then. While some of the favourites had a decidedly bad track day and bombed out. The computer also decided it was having a good day and gave the results once again, as they were.

Part and parcel of the meetings is the show and tell section. This time Glen had brought along some very desirable models recently picked up as bargains on eBay and a couple from southern dealers. Mike had bought a fabulous 'Superbird' Nascar from Red Racer on the way there too.

Many thanks to Al for hosting the meeting at very short notice and once again to Jaqci for refreshment at strategic points through the day. Very much appreciated.

Mikes Classic NASCAR

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!