The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results, SEQSCC Monday 6th Sept

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results, SEQSCC Monday 6th Sept

Post by wixwacing »

Fun and frolics at sunny (g)Raceville!!!

Need I say anymore than it was bloody marvellous! With twelve and more racers in tow and Adrian from Red Racer there with a huge box of goodies, what more could an aspiring Graceville champion want?................................ Well, talent for a start!

Graceville is NOT for the feint hearted and the new addition to the ‘car park’ has added an extra dimension to slotcar racing. I have to admit that I owe the little talent I have left to the tortuous and twisty four story mega complex known as Graceville. One minute you are racing at metres below sea level, then there are the gratuitous wiggly bits, reminiscent of dodging llama skulls in the Atacama desert on the fifth stage of the Dakar!, to the oxygen starved heights of the Mexican plateau, and all within the confines of a little wooden shack in downtown Brisbane!

Exaggeration? Well maybe just a little, but I’m right when I say it’s not for the feint hearted! This track will see you loose visual contact for several seconds at a time with only the marshalls knowing if you are still running or not. But the best buzz is the bash down the back straight, Awesome. With the scene set, all that was necessary was to get a few slotcar racers with hearts of neodymium to come pit their skills against each other………and against the track!

First up was BTCC or Pommie tin tops as they are affectionately known. This class is usually made up from Renault Lagunas, Ford Mondeos, Alfa 155’s and Opel Vectras, with a smattering of SCX SRS2 Peugeots and Volvos. A good class with their fridge magnets and all to prove. At an average lap time of 35 seconds and eleven laps to do, it was never going to be easy.

Heat one saw young Andrew fight off stiff competition from Moby to take line honours while Sean and Peter had their own axes to grind. Heat two highlights were Peter H lapping in phenomenal times but failing to keep the car on! Noel showed us all how it should be done as his guide dog lead the way at an astonishing 64 second fastest lap! Last heat saw Paul looking to be faster than he really was, but in the end he managed to come in front of Ken and Peter Smith
Race 1			BTCC

Heat 1

1.		Andrew	Best lap	36.23
2.		Moby			37.18
3.		Peter			38.23
4.		Sean			37.21

Heat 2

1.		Phil			32.89
2.		Michael			36.97
3.		Peter H			30.93
4.		Noel			64.01

Heat 3.

1.		Paul			37.07
2.		Peter Smith		40.29
3.		Ken			38.80
4.		Kym			42.82
Next up, with the masses swelling, was Nascar. Mmmmmmm? What would this regurgitate? Some new SCX models in the fray and some old faithfuls doing their bit, plus a few Scaleys to round things off. First up where the three Peter’s and Paul! Peter H settled in to a rhythmic race (20 laps!) and the other two Peters lapped almost identical times. Heat two saw me take on a very swift SCX car with my old 99. and for the sake of a couple of well placed deslots, Sean drove himself into second place. Next heat, young Andrew showed that he had inherited his dad’s skills and was plastering the opposition with hot laps. Leaving him to breeze in, in front of Ken. Last heat saw organiser Julian show he still had it, and wasn’t just a pretty marshall?????
Nascars				20 laps

1.		Peter H			24.95
2.		Peter S			29.42
3.		Peter J			29.70
4.		Paul			19.7

Heat 2

1.		Phil			22.60
2.		Sean			21.21
3.		Kym			30.18
4.		Michael			25.23

Heat 3.

1.		Andrew			26.59
2.		Ken			26.76
3.		Adrian			28.20
4.		Noel			33.84

Heat 4

1.		Julian			27.26
2.		Moby			27.89
3.		Peter S			29.51
4.		Michael			28.71
Next up! Caterhams / Lotus 7’s and don’t touch me braids!

This was the most testing of the evening and just to get a hot lap was an achievement. I don’t think there was anyone who did a clear round, and cars disappeared without trace at several places around the track Best choice was a brightly coloured car and a set of MJK’s! Three laps seemed like an eternity but the eternity was soon over!
Caterhams / Lotus 7’s   		3 laps

1.		Phil			31.02
2.		Sean			33.41
3.		Peter H			35.33
4.		Kym			39.07

Heat 2.

1.		Peter			36.48
2.		Michael			40.85
3.		Adrian			45.39
4.		Peter S			59.53

Heat 3

1.		Ken			32.53
2.		Andrew			37.60
3.		Moby			37.10
4.		Noel			61.04
Last fixed class was A1GP’s. These are a quick class and it was fully expected to have some sub twenty second laps but it wasn’t to be, and heats were not that much quicker than the NASCAR class?? But if anything they were more evenly spread out. Most of us managed the fifteen laps with ease and models were finishing in quick succession for most of the races.
A1GP			15 laps

1.		Phil			21.04
2.		Ken			22.89
3.		Adrian			22.95
4.		Michael			27.61

Heat 2.

1.		Moby			23.14
2.		Peter S			24.00
3.		Sean			27.32
4.		Andrew			29.44

Heat 3

1.		Moby			22.17
2.		Peter			23.93
3.		Noel			24.50
4.		Julian			23.37
Last up was the SEQSCC special event, the one lap dash!!. Four Ninco raid cars were placed on the track and racers cycled across the lanes, with a point going to first man home and everyone else was last. Normally this event only lasts until we have cycled through the group, but this one seemed to go on, and on, and on?? I finally realized Marks plan was to tire me out and get some one else in the top bracket . As it happened, Moby eventually drew level at four races each, but alas, in the drive off he went to pieces and I spent half the lap waiting for him, just to make it a spectator event. After all, we have to consider the sponsors!!

So, that was it. Another great evening of extreme slotcar racing. Enough to harden the resolve of every racer, to come back and try it again, yet, to climb (metaphorically) the north face of the Gracevillhorn!

The SEQSCC meets regularly on the first Monday of each month. If you would like a taste of the ultimate slotcar talent test, PM me this board or email me for directions.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!